A true believer in the resiliency and self organizing capacity of the human spirit, Tamera continually studies philosophy, culture, religion, psychology, sociology and hypnosis since childhood.
Tam is an accomplished communicator with children, adolescents, teens, adults and seniors. She works with individuals, couples, families, and groups offering therapy and training on a broad spectrum of goals.
Tamera Use Hypnosis to:
- Stop unwanted habits and addictions
- Reduce stress, anxiety and fears, phobias
- Increase emotional self control
- Improve relationships
- Negotiate change, transitions, and developmental processes
- Improve resolution of trauma, grief and loss
- Help with pain management and healing
- Improve personal growth
- Develop performance enhancement
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor in State of Florida (since 1999).
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist (2009)
- Approved LMHC Clinical Supervisor (2009)
- State Certified Adoptions Counselor (2010). Serving all members of the Adoption Circle.
- Ordained Representative (Church of Secular Humanism). Offering legally confidential communications
State Licensure as a health care practitioner in Mental Health requires a minimum of 15 hours of State Approved Continuing Education Credits, per year, to maintain. That is a lot of training to list after so many years in practice, and Tam always sought more than the minimum. Ultimately, classroom hours are only a guide to the real training that comes from working the field with people everyday.
- The Hypnosis Practitioner Training Institute (HPTI). (January 2012 - December 2012). 710 hours to include Regression and Parts Therapies, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Contextual Hypnotherapies, Medical and Dental Hypnotherapies and Advance Hypno-therapeutic Techniques and protocols.
- The Florida Institute of Hypnotherapy: (March - July 2009) Fundamentals of Hypnotism (80 hours/Advanced Hypnotism (70 hours), Hypnotherapist (70 hours), Natal Regression and Breath work (70 hours), Healing and Pain Management (60) hours).
- Institute for Sexual Trauma/Dr. Jon Connely: Clinical Hypnosis and Rapid Trauma Resolution (2/06) (20 hours); Sexual Trauma and Frozen Grief (5/01) (6 hours).
- The Southern Institute of Neuro-Linguistic Programming: Hypnosis basic (9-10/00) (50 hour state requirement for licensed health care practitioners).
- Master of Arts in Counseling/Education (1995 - University of South Florida)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (1991 - University of South Florida)
- United States Air Force Reserves (1984 - 1991) Staff Sergeant - Jet Engine Mechanic
National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association - CHt
The Suncoast Mental Health Counselor Association (SMHCA)Schedule an appointment today